Friday, July 30, 2010

God save the Queen...


I hadn't planned on posting this picture but my cousin Diana begged me to do it. It has been cropped to remove my cousin Sooky and her "Sailor Moon" costume. (She doesn't want any evidence of her dressed in her costume on the web...Apparently, I have no shame.)

A couple of days before I left for Vegas, Sooky's friend Trish emails to let me know their plans for Sooky's birthday dinner, on the Saturday night during Comic-Con. Dress up as your favourite comic book character... Yikes! I had only 2 days to think of and get a costume. I spoke to Jhanine about it and she knew of a couple of costume places in Las Vegas. We planned on going there to find something, anything that would work. Dressing up in costume is totally not my thing. I stopped going out for Halloween at the age of 8, deciding I was too old to do it. I gave away candy instead.

After the craziness of the Tea party was finished, Jhanine and I went to one costume place where they rent them out. Sounded perfect. I tried on quite a few, hating everything. I tried on a Queen Amidala costume that seemed to fit, but the problem was they didn't have the matching headpiece. They called around to some of the other places but no one had one.

I went to one more place to look for a costume. This place just sold them, no rental. Unfortunately nothing I could live with. So, Wednesday, I went online and ordered the Queen Amidala costume I had previously tried on. A store in Los Angeles. I called them directly to speed up the process. I arranged for them to send it directly to the hotel, expedited. It arrived the next day. I debated whether I would bring it home. I had to carry on the bloody headpiece on the plane both ways, back to Las Vegas, then on to Toronto. (To prevent it from getting crushed)

So now I am the proud owner of a Queen Amidala halloween costume...Enjoy my pain...

4 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha! Awesome! Wish we could see Sooky's costume as well. Great job with the make up! Can I borrow that for Halloween? Can you imagine Hoseok's face if he were to see him mom as Q. Amidala? ;-) Thanks for posting this you brave brave girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! I love it. How fun is that??? And I am trying not to enjoy your pain too much...just a teeny bit ;-) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanna and I both agreed that this is one of those photos to have on hand for a gloomy day when you're feeling blue and need a little pick me up! Thanks Carol, we are very proud of you, you win best costume in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! This i amazing, and very regal.

    ReplyDelete