Thursday, July 15, 2010

Being under the weather Sucks! and Comic-Con!

Last weekend I thought I was going to die. It all started last friday night. I felt a headache, my stomach felt like it was going to explode, I was waking up multiple times to go to the bathroom...not a good way to start the weekend. I woke up horribly dizzy, head was pounding, nauseated, my stomach seriously upset. Yet I still had to go to work. I spent most of the time suffering in the office. Somehow I drove myself home, I immediately went to bed. After a bad night, I woke up early to open the store for Larraine. I asked her to come in earlier to take over for me so I could go home. Again, after somehow making my way home I went straight to bed. Monday I was supposed to go to work, but I couldn't do it. It literally took until today, Wednesday to feel like myself again. Brutal. At least it is all over before I leave on vacation.

Comic-Con. I can't wait. Like the true geek that I am, I have checked out the schedule for the 4 days. I've created my own personal schedule online, picking the events I want to check out. I've made lists of restaurants to check out. I've printed out every scrap of paper, I think I'm going to need, maps, directions, suggestions. I've even ordered a tiny little lightweight knapsack, the kind for groceries, on the off chance I may pick something up at Comic-con that needs carrying. (It was just delivered to Jhanine's place in Vegas...) I can literally feel bashful little butterflies of excitement. Hopefully good stories and photos to follow.

2 comments:

  1. You need a vacation! Take some time for yourself- good rest, good food, good relaxation. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what was that thing? A bug? Food poisoning? Sound horrible, and glad you are over it. I know you will have a great time at Comic-con, especially the way you have prepared. Hope you get to meet Sheldon! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete