Sunday, July 18, 2010

Arrived in Las Vegas

So, it's hot.
When I got off the plane, it was 110F at 6pm. The air off the gangplank was a furnace.
The flight arrived 20 min early. Jhanine, Diamond and Phyllis (Jhanine's friend and 2nd mother) came to pick me up at the airport. I was starving. I ate lunch at 1pm est and hadn't eaten real food until 6pm pst (9pm est) when I bought a blueberry muffin at the Starbucks at the airport.
We went straight to Jhanine and Yale's place. After settling in, eating, checking out all my purchases I had sent to her place :P, we started baking. We made the carrot cakes, brownies, lemon bars, prepped an asparagus casserole and I was exhausted. Finally at 12:30am, 21 hours after I had woken up this morning, I crashed in my bed.
Round two began when I woke up at 7:30 am. The tea party is at 3:30 this afternoon. Gotta go and make sandwiches and scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment