Monday, August 30, 2010

Surprise Jason!...and the Emmys.

So Jason, our ASM is leaving this week. He's going to Kitchen Stuff Plus, and he's getting married in a month. The gang at WS wanted to give him a fond farewell and celebrate his up coming nuptuals. We made it a surprise. He had no idea, which was awesome. He was touched by all the warm wishes and the generous gift we all pooled for (2x$250 Visa gift cards). I think he was even a little sad about the prospect of leaving our awesome team. Who can blame him? Unfortunately I forgot to even take out my camera to catch any images of the festivites, but rest assured that the food was incredible, especially Maureen's Korean marinade/style flank steak and Jane's smoked salmon/cheese dip. I could have eaten the whole thing myself...well maybe not the "whole" thing. I brought my chocolate pavlova as a special request from Jason. It was a lovely evening with our WS family.
For the first time, we turned on the TV at Maureen's for the Emmys. The show was one of the best ones ever. Jimmy Fallon was entertaining/fun/cool. The opening number with the Glee kids, Tina Fey, Jon Hamm, Nina Dobrev, Joel McHale...was awesome. After the horrible Oscars show earlier this year, it was so great to see an awesome awards show. That and the fact that Jim Parsons won for Best Actor in a Comedy...too awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment