Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rogers Cup, Nadal and travelling back in time.



Nelson gave me tickets to the Rogers Cup for Thursday evening. It's also the first time I've been back to York University, my alma mater, in at least 10 years (since the last time I've been to tennis).
After everyone I asked backed out or refused to accompany me, I decided to just go by myself. I was amazed at how much the campus had changed and exploded. I had to work hard to just make out some of the landmarks I remembered. The whole trip was strangely surreal. It was the first time I've been to the new Rexall Centre. It's a beautiful venue. The weather held up beautifully. In fact it was a little cool.
The match was World #1 Rafael Nadal and Kevin Anderson. The atmosphere was pretty electric. I suppose getting to see the world #1 ranked player in the world in person has that effect. Johnny (my bro) calls him a "punk". The crowd agrees that he's a rock star. Nadal easily overpowered poor Anderson in straight sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment