Saturday, August 21, 2010

Diana's Baby Shower









As usual, my day started after verrry little sleep (4 1/2 hours). Thank goodness the golf course my parents belong to was busy with a tournament today, so she could help me prep this morning.

I baked all the desserts last night. I had prepped the cream cheese mixtures for the smoked salmon and cucumber sandwiches already and just had the decorating of the cupcakes and prepping fruit for the pavlova and boiling/prepping the eggs for egg salad. After waking up at 10am, I still made it to Diana's by 1pm. (I even had time for a shower).

Everything looked beautiful and whimsical. Sooky outdid herself with the decorations and cute little touches. Sally made the labels and Suzie organized the games. Mel made delicious scones. It was a lovely relaxing shower. Diana looked positively radiant...and ready to pop! Everyone seemed to have a good time. We're all ready for little Miss Lee Begonia to make her appearance.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You outdid yourself again, Carol. I am sure Di loved it and appreciated all your special touches. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, as usual you did an amazing job! i finally tried one of those cupcakes, and everyone was right, they are to die for... so good with a glass of milk! Thank you for all of your hard work (on such little sleep!). Baby and I (and hubby who enjoyed his treats the next day,) really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moi aussi. C'est fantastique!! Tu est magnifique, Mademoiselle!

    ReplyDelete