Saturday, August 14, 2010

Greg's birthday, and Lobster Summer at the Keg

The birthday boy.
Enjoying his shooter from Steve all the way from Mexico.




It's Greg's birthday on Sunday, which means we're having dinner at the Keg for his birthday on the friday before. It also means we're just in time for Lobster Summer at the Keg.

I had forgotten all about it and had dreamed about steak all day so there was no question what I was going to have. It's been exactly one year since I've been at the Keg. They've made a couple of changes. They no longer have their yummy warm sourdough bread. Instead they had this bland challah style loaf. Soft, yet bland. They have a new spinach salad that you can have instead of the caesar. That was very tasty. Dried cranberries, carmelized pecans, goat cheese and mandarin oranges. I had the French onion soup, it was delicious. The filet had only baked potato as the starch side, instead of the usual additional options of rice, fries or garlic mashed potatoes. Viv, Gar, Dave and Ron had the Lobster...When I saw it, I have to admit I was jealous. But, after the soup, salad, 3 pieces of bland bread, I was already contentedly full. ( I know I said the bread was bland, but if you put enough butter on it, anything is edible) As it was, I couldn't finish my steak. I left a ridiculously small piece because I physically could not fit it in. The 2lb lobsters looked fantastic. If I had ordered that and not been able to finish it...that would have been a serious crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment