Monday, August 23, 2010

Lobster + Bird Crap = lucky?

Yesterday, during the baby shower, Sooky asked me if I wanted to meet up for dinner Sunday night.
I called her on the way to work, asking if she was still interested. She was. I told her to think about where she wanted to go and I would call her when I was leaving work.
She decided she wanted to go to Wah Sing...Lobster is always a good idea. I picked her up outside her place in front of Wayne Gretzky's. I usually park behind the restaurant but their lot was completely full. So we got lucky and found a spot around the corner on the street. As we were sitting there eating, Sooky noticed over my shoulder someone she recognized. They were my cousin Mad/Catherine/Mark's aunts and uncles on their dad's side. Dan's and Tina/Sarah/John's parents. What a coincidence! It was too funny. After some catching up we resumed our dinner.
When we walked back to the car...I looked at the car and literally said to Sooky, "Holy Crap!...Look at all that bird shit!" My car looked like it had been crapped on by every bird in the downtown core. I lost count at 50 little droppings. I guess they were all in the tree??? Who knew this would happen, the ground underneath was pristine.
I remember as a kid, my grandma telling me that dreaming about crap was lucky. Basically any omen involving crap meant that I was going to have some money luck...I'm sure there is that kind of superstition around everywhere. Just the ramblings of optimistic people trying to think positively about a "shitty" situation. After I dropped Sooky off, I picked up her mom from Diana's and took her to Eric's place, rushing home to catch True Blood at 11pm. I ran in at 11:00, on the dot. As a result, I didn't have time to get a car wash. I'll get one done tomorrow...maybe after I go buy a lottery ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment