Saturday, May 22, 2010

Vivian's birthday at Oyster Boy



Vivian turns a youthful 35 on Sunday, but since she and Gar have a wedding to go to, we decided to meet for dinner on Friday at Oyster Boy. The oysters were delicious. Vivian and I shared a platter of oysters for our appetizer...St. Simons, Northern Silvers and Caribou (from NS and the East coast). The highlight of the evening was when Nurit gave her the gift of entering her in the 5km run at the Zoo in the fall. (Vivian, who doesn't actually run, owns everything she needs to look very cute while she's running :P)


Here's Viv opening Nurit's Card.

She realizes what it actually is...a gift
certificate to purchase an entry fee
to the annual Toronto Zoo 5km run.




Oh no! This means she'll actually
have to run!


Oh Nurit...is this cruelty or an attempt at motivation?


After dinner, it was over to Dave's house to have dessert. I didn't know beforehand, but Vivian's favourite is the Chocolate Pavlova I make. I made the meringue that morning and took the whipping cream and berries over to Nurit's to prep. (Nurit was loading up my new 16gig ipod Nano. I finally caved to all her whining about my little shuffle not having enough memory) I was whipping the cream manually when I asked Nurit for some sugar. Miss Health nut :P didn't have any. We had to go over to Starbucks to "borrow" some. It was a communal effort to celebrate Viv. :) Dave supplied the Raspberry Cheesecake from Dufflet and Middle Eastern Baklava from a place on Lawrence and Pharmacy in Scarborough.

No comments:

Post a Comment