Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Housesitting at Di and Gerwyn's


This is my last night at Di and Gerwyn's. I've been here since Thursday night. 4 nights (5 including tonight). At first it was nice, the quiet, having the whole house to myself, eating whatever I wanted (way too many croissants...too good to be passed up!) watching the enormous TV. By now, however, I miss home. Being around people and socializing. It's a little lonely housesitting. It's not like I can invite people over for dinner, or to hang out. I don't know where everything is...I was looking for tape a few days ago...with no success.
It made me think how lonely some people must be, to have the same routine, sleep, eat, work, eat, tv, sleep again. To not have family or people in their lives to share the mundane things about living. It wasn't like I was a hermit, I did meet friends for dinner, and a friend for brunch and a movie. But even that wasn't enough...I can't wait to get back to my regular life... and bed.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose that's where pets might come in handy. You know Di has that stuffed crow in the dining area....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol, we can't thank you enough for housesitting for us. And you could have had your friends over for a dinner party! (As long as you leave us the leftovers of course.) Next time I'll be sure to show you where my tape is. Come to think of it, I don't even know...

    ReplyDelete