Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Attempts at New Recipes

I've been on a little bit of a baking kick lately. On Sunday I made Banana Cake with Chocolate chunks (as muffins... yummy!) Yesterday I made little Sweet Red Bean mini cakes with Glutinous Rice Flour. My mom had first had these at Aunt Sandy's at Easter and loved them. So I wanted to try the recipe as a treat for her. The recipe was easy enough. I made them a little shallow in my silicone brioche molds. I made 24 instead of the 20 I should have made. They were so shallow, they burst while baking. I was worried that I may have used the wrong flour, or that they wouldn't taste very good... but my mom loved them. My dad loved them. My mom took them to golf to give as a snack to her cronies, they loved them. My mom practically beamed with pride as she recounted how she told them I had made them...she's too cute.








This morning before work at 5am I started a batch of no knead bread. I've made it at work but never at home. The last one at work was so delicious I couldn't resist the urge to try it. This is how the dough looks after the first 12 hours and a punch down. Another 20-24 hours to go!

As for baking, I promised my brother cookies later tonight...Hanna's Chocolate Wows or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk...Oh the possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk! And then post them please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete