Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, I emailed the cousins, asking what we were doing for the holiday this year. After a bunch of emails with no real plans, Sooky decided to have a small gathering with her immediate family. She ordered a $100 Organic Turkey from Rowe farms and asked if I wanted to join them. Then, in typical Lee family fashion, Uncle John called everyone on Friday to let them know they would have it at their place on Sunday. So I made my promised Sausage, Mushroom and Chestnut stuffing, WS vanilla bundt cake, Bourbon Apple Crumble, and Pumpkin dessert squares. Everything was a hit. The kids were sooo cute. I love that picture of Samara and Charlotte on Grandpa John's tummy. The dogs are new Sadie and Cailey. They were just so adorable. All they wanted to do was play and lick. Charlotte and Samara, however, were petrified. A shaking Charlotte was holding onto me for dear life, while Samara burrowed into my side while I reached out to Sadie, to show them how sweet she was. They didn't buy it.:( Good food, fantastic family, it doesn't get any better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment