Thursday, November 17, 2011

Car trouble, and missing book club.

Last Saturday night was my bookclub meeting at Maureen's house. After baking a Maple Bread pudding the night before and working all day, I was driving out of the parking lot with Halina when I noticed no response from the car when I was pressing the gas. In fact the rpm's dipped. I stopped the car and restarted and still nothing, then the engine just stopped. Some fellow coworkers Bonnie and Carol were following behind me on their way to Maureen's. They stopped to help me try and figure out what happened. I called Maureen to let her know about our delay and ask if anyone there had any jumper cables. In a few minutes Maureen and Kellea arrived with the cables. We tried to boost the car but it didn't work. Luckily Maureen is a member with CAA. She called a tow truck. We waited in her car, taking and laughing, while the other book club members were all hanging out at Maureen's. The tow truck driver arrived about 30 minutes later. The first question Maureen asked him was "Does she have to go with the car?" Still hoping that I'd be able to go to the bookclub meeting :) I sent the bread pudding with them. He gave me a lift to the garage in front of my house. After hearing my story about the car, he guessed the problem was a broken fuel pump. He was right. Two days and $360 later, I got the car back on Monday afternoon. Absolutely bummed about missing the book club. It's always a great evening with fantastic women. Everyone told me how missed I was...but at least they had the bread pudding. It's damn good bread pudding ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment