Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vegas update..




Tom Dwan is in the foreground with the headphones. Erick Lindgren is a little further back with the light blue baseball cap. Who thinks Tom looks like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory?






So, it's hot. Like crazy hot. Today's high was 105F. That's like 40-41C. It's oppressive heat. Imagine baking a batch of vanilla cupcakes and mini carrot cakes in that heat, for a year end party for Diamond's school. It actually wasn't that bad.
And I've been fighting an itchy throat. That after my lovely case of food poisoning, the next day after Cheesecake factory, makes for a memorable trip. Today, finally...I made it to the Rio to check out the World Series of Poker. It was not as crazy as I thought it might be, but it's only the first week. I did see 3 players of note, Tom Dwan and Erick Lindgren, both of who I took a picture of with flash before the elderly security guard warned me about no flash photography. Oh, and Bertrand Grospelier. Unfortunately I wanted to see Daniel Negreanu play but I didn't get a chance. It would have been interesting since I went with Jacci to the Rio and she knows Daniel. I would have been able to get an introduction. Oh well. Not meant to be. Jacci leaves tomorrow night. We were hungry so we had dinner at Noodles at the Bellagio. I was craving chinese food. They are very good, I've eaten there before. Afterward, we checked out the poker room and I snapped a photo of Phil Laak attempting to break the world record for continuous poker playing session of 80 hours. He had just reached hour 60. He's filming himself and streaming it live online. I was itching to play. That will have to wait until tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment