Sunday, June 6, 2010

Patrik Antonius and an update


For those of you who don't know who this is...he is a high stakes poker player. He's also the most gorgeous man I've ever seen up close in real life...I had never previously been a fan, but when I went to the Bellagio tonight, I saw him. I was waiting for a seat. It was crazy busy. He was leaving Bobby's Room (a high rollers suite where they play $4000-$8000 blinds) He walked straight towards me, we made eye contact, he walked past me close enough I could have touched him. I was shocked and awestruck. He looked like a rugged, gorgeous male model. 6' 3" Buff... I completely accepted the cream/off white pants and white/gold patterned t-shirt. Normally I'm not a fan of white jeans on anyone (I've been known to make fun of mercilessly)...but WOW...very European Chic. (He's from Finland)

Back to real life...
Today was the day of the year end party for the Hebrew Academy's Baby Bears. My cupcakes and Mini Carrot cakes were a hit. In the afternoon, I drove Jacci to the airport then headed to Stacey's house. (She is Diamond's teacher) Stacey invited me and Jhanine and Lisa and all kids to her place for a BBQ. The kids had a great time. The women just gabbed. I mentioned to them that I am coming back next month and Stacey suggested it would be a great time to have another BBQ. Everyone was quite lovely.
Lisa and her children Sarah and Max are coming over Sunday afternoon to learn how to make the lemon dessert squares. I had made them for the Memorial day BBQ and the kids had loved them. I had sent some home with them in foil. They were licking the foil after they had finished them and begged their mom to learn how to make them.
Tomorrow is also Yale's 43rd birthday. We are having a low key gathering Lisa and the kids, maybe Phyllis and me for Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs and Coconut cake. Should be fun.

Oh, Phil Laak not only broke the Guiness World Record for Longest Poker Session of 80 hours but smashed it and is currently in overtime. When I left the Bellagio tonight he was at hour 86. The man is a machine. (Eventually, he finished at hour 115! Unbelievable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment