Thursday, June 30, 2011

Welcome Back Mad, Jessica, Michael and Stephanie!



On June 14th, Mad and the kids came back to Toronto for their first visit back in 2 years.

Everyone has grown up so much! Jess looks so mature, she's as tall as me. Michael, very grown up. He speaks with a slight British accent on some words. I guess going to a British run private school will do that to you. When I first saw them at my aunt and uncle's place, Jess and Michael immediately gave me a huge hug... Stephanie didn't recognize me:((( (Not that I really expected her to, the last time I saw her she was barely 3 years old. Michael said to her, "It's Aunt Carol, you have to give her a hug." She did so very reluctantly. As the evening past, we were trying to figure out what I should make for Sooky's Welcome Back dinner the following Saturday. I told Stephanie that I would make whatever she wanted. After a long look of wistful contemplation, I offered to show her some pictures of things I had made. That way she could pick something. She looked through the photos on my camera. When she saw the Chocolate Pavlova she stopped me. She said..."Now I remember who you are..." I picked her up and gave her a big hug and kisses. When she was here before, I always thought of her as "my baby". My baby remembered me!

She picked the Chocolate Pavlova for dessert.

1 comment: