Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spending time with family and friends.

Sabrina, enjoying a raspberry molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream...I think some actually got into her mouth and belly.The kids meet Marley for the first time and have fun feeding her. Jess is developing a maternal side. Hanging out with Stephanie after Kungfu Panda and ice cream. Hopped up on sugar, she was just goofy.Michael locked in a chess battle with Uncle Gerwyn.

Steph and Samara enjoying the spaghetti and meatballs the girls helped aunt Diana make.

Michael feeling satisfied after Dim Sum at Perfect. It was just one of the many places Michael wanted to eat at on this trip. Marley and Diana hanging out at Meredith's.

Uncle Gerwyn and Aunt Diana offered Michael $10 and Ed's ice cream to weed the front lawn. I've seen cow pastures in better condition ;P Michael picked the weeds and Steph and Samara picked them up and put them in the brown bags. After a few minutes of watching them, and seeing numerous people pass by, Uncle Gerwyn joined in. He was feeling a little guilty:) They did a fantastic job. It was completely unrecognizable. Marley admiring Elijah's new summer hair cut...He's looking like a cool dude. Mad can't resist giving Talia a squeeze. She's such a good baby.Sweetie pie Talia and I hanging out on their deck. I can't resist her charms either.
Samara is picking up Stephanie's habit of posing with crazy faces...it cracks me up whenever I see it.






When I have family and friends in town, it seems like I get very little sleep and I'm never at home. Every waking moment I'm not working or sleeping or baking means I'm somewhere with them. Whether it's at Sooky's or Diana's or Meredith's or my aunt's place...or Newmarket or at a restaurant having meals out...or movies...it's non stop. The last 2 weeks I've seen 5 movies. Midnight in Paris (Good), Kungfu Panda 2 (Good) Super 8 (Very Good) X-Men Origins(Excellent) Tree of Life(Disappointing) . I've baked chocolate chunk cookies, carrot cupcakes and lemon bars, chocolate pavlova, tiramisu, meringue cookies. I'm racing around here, there, everywhere. I'm tired, but I'm not complaining. I realize I'm so lucky to have such a fantastic extended family who actually enjoy eachother's company. Friends who are fun, and who love food as much as I do. So, I'll enjoy it while I'm able to. I can always sleep later...thank goodness I can function on 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment