Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yummy Pizza!

Last week, for Nelson's birthday, we went to an Italian pizza place called Pizzeria Libretto on Ossington. I'd have a picture, but I forgot my camera that day and Ron has yet to send me the picture of my pizza I had begged him to take. The claim to fame for this place was that it makes pizza just like they make in Italy (Naples specifically). They have imported a special oven that cooks the pizza at a whopping 850F for only 90 seconds. The crust is thin, tinged with black on the edge but soft and tender in the middle. Instead of being completely dried out, it is slightly wet in the middle and completely delicious. Even now, I'm dreaming about it.
When I was at work yesterday, I mentioned to Antonella this new "place" I had tried and she immediately said "I told you about that place! It's the closest pizza to what I've had in Italy.":) Then she mentioned another place Queen Margarita on Queen near Greenwood that has the same oven, but they take reservations. That's so close to Diana, Sooky, and Mark and Mer...I may have to convince them to try it. (Antonella also mentioned Marcello's, her favourite Italian restaurant in the city...St Clair and Dufferin...I have to try that one too!) Anyone interested in joining me?

No comments:

Post a Comment