Saturday, March 5, 2011

Winnie the Pooh





Eunho and Nancy asked me months ago if I would make Elijah's birthday cake. It had to be a big cake, enough to feed 100 people. No small task. I decided on Winnie the Pooh, Elijah reminds me of Winnie. I purchased all the ingredients, and was ready to go. I started to make the layers, then realized, I would be short on baking powder. I needed 4 tbsp...I had exactly 3 tbsp and 1tsp...Ugh! I even knocked on my neighbour's door to hopefully get some, but they weren't home. So in the middle of my baking, I had to go to FreshCo to buy some. Putting the cake together was another thing. Mixing the colours, trying to smooth the icing...if I had another cup of frosting it would have been easier, but at least it turned out okay. It looks better if you don't look too closely. Boy does that thing weigh a ton. Containing 4 pounds of butter, about 2kg of sugar and 12 cups of flour...it's so high that I can't actually close the box's lid. Hopefully everyone likes it.

1 comment:

  1. You've outdone yourself. That's a great looking cake. I'm sure it was delcious too!!

    ReplyDelete