Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh, it stings!


Friday was such a warm day, we decided to eat breakfast outside and enjoy the warmth and sunshine. With all the food, (honey and jam) available...a neighbourhood wasp decided to join us, too. Both Nelson and Garson, sitting on either side of me kept swatting at the wasp to shoo it away. All I could think was, stop bothering the wasp...it'll get angry and sting someone... Then I felt a STING! I instantly swatted at my upper right arm to dislodge the wasp. In 40 years, it was the first time I've been stung...it slowly felt like pins and needles and after some ice felt a little numb. I could literally feel the poison coursing through my arm. At least I didn't have a severe allergic reaction. After a day, it discoloured and swelled. I could feel it's warmth, just pulsing. I applied Benadryl cream and ice. Today, after 3 days, it's finally feeling a little better, but I anticipate it's going to take a little while before it's back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Hope the swelling goes down soon. I first hand how painful these things are.

    ReplyDelete