Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mexico City





























Home Sweet Home. I just arrived home craving Chinese food. It's good to be home. My first trip to Mexico is officially over... too quickly. It was a great 9 days spent with Pippette, Sabrina, Steve and the animals. Every morning I would feed Jasper some Temptations chicken treats I brought with me from home, that cat has me trained. Most of my days were spent hanging out with Pip and Sabrina and the dogs. Sabrina is such a good, happy baby. The weather was warm and sunny. Beautiful. We tried to bake, a challenge considering Mexico City is 7300 ft above sea level. There are so many adjustments to make for baking and cooking based on the altitude. Evenings, we would go shopping, grocery, Costco for dairy pills(not available at any other Farmacia) a beautiful outdoor mall, or out to eat at various restaurants downtown in Polanco. I was able to do quite a lot of sight seeing. We went to the Anthropology Museum, toured the historical city sites on the Turibus, had lunch overlooking the Town Square via the Holiday Inn Zocalo. We even checked out the Canadian Embassy to apply for Sabrina's citizenship and passport. Across from the Embassy, Sabrina had her passport and citizenship pictures taken by some gentlemen in a "Foto" red van. Classic. We walked around quite a bit more than I expected. Granted we spent most of our time in the wealthier areas of town, but apart from keeping my money scattered in different pockets, never in the same spot, I felt pretty safe. Pip and Steve had suggested leaving the city for a long weekend away but I wanted to stay in the city and explore. The time just flew by too quickly. They will be in Mexico City for another year, hopefully I'll be able to visit them again before they come home for good. In the meantime, I wait until the beginning of April when I can cuddle with Stinkerbum on her first visit home.

1 comment:

  1. Sabrina is beautiful, and so are your pictures. Sounds like you had a lovely time! Passport photos in a van; that's a riot!

    ReplyDelete