Monday, March 8, 2010

Mexico City and the Oscars











So I am in Mexico. It's a little cloudy but warmish. Around 20C.
After a little panic at the airport in the morning (I went to the wrong terminal), it went perfectly smoothly. Mexicana at T1 has their own international security gate. Only 1 person ahead of me. It was a breeze. Relaxing flight, they served us breakfast and booze ( I had my customary diet beverage) and customs and security in Mexico was smooth. My first impression was how poor some areas were, very slummy, and how congested and narrow the roads were. Major highways are so tight there is maybe 3 inches of space on either side of the cars. Big SUVs have even less. Every vehicle has damage on it's bumper from constant contact from highway driving and the side view mirrors all have chips and dents. Pippette lives in a nice area. The kind with high level security, drivers and armed guards. Very high walls around the house, at least 2 stories high. The house is huge with white marble floors and 5 levels not including the basement. A beautiful garden and pool in the backyard. Very light and airy.
Baby Sabrina is so beautiful. A little blond haired blue eyed girl. Very good baby. I've got some great photos I'll post later.
The Oscars. That was probably one of the most brutal shows I've ever seen. I don't know if it was coverage here but the announcer sound was completely inaudible, throughout the whole ceremony. Someone will never work in that town again. Some of the jokes absolutely brutal. The music interrupting the award winners very rude. Then some of the comments made, like Mo'Nique about people being brave enough to vote based on performance rather than politics was so classless...This in one of the award shows I look forward to watching, after last years wonderful show with Hugh Jackman, this was a complete letdown. I'm moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment