Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hanna's Chocolate Wows

I still have 2 more days in my 7 day stretch. Going away on vacation is lovely, but coming back can be hell.
I've been feeling so exhausted. Tonight I had dinner with the family, my mom's birthday was Sunday (#68, she looks fantastic!). Since I've been back from Mexico, I haven't gone grocery shopping, so I have none of the usual fridge items, nevermind snacks...My brother subtley inquired about any available baked goods. He even offered his assistance:) You know he must be desperate...So, I whipped up a batch of Hanna's Chocolate Wows. Anyone in my family knows all about their chocolately goodness. I'm testing their brownie versatility. Some modifications may have to be made. (An extra egg, maybe some extra baking powder) This time I kept to the original recipe using the best chocolate money can buy, Guittard bittersweet and Guittard Semisweet chunks. John seemed so appreciative, he did the dishes :)

2 comments:

  1. I am family and I know nothing of their chocolatey goodness. I am hoping I can try some when I get to Toronto ;)
    You are so good to your family; they are blessed to have you as we are. John...dishes....wow. Some powerful brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word Carol: EASTER. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete