Friday, April 9, 2010

Nurit's Dreamy 1985





















Cat and Hosie are gone. I drove them to Buffalo on Thursday (yest). After struggling with traffic, fog and rain...I made it back into the city with enough time to change before heading to Terroni's for dinner with Steve, Pip and the gang. I was so exhausted, I could barely keep my eyes open. I came home and crashed.



I finished work at 6pm and in my mad rush to get out of there to go straight to Dave's, I cracked my head on the shelf above the trash can. The exact spot that I had painted with red marker the last time I hit the shelf with my head...(someone had since washed off the red) I didn't break the skin but I did bang it really hard. I've had a headache all night. I immediately got some ice and water in a Subway drink cup and held it to my head to try and prevent a big goose egg. After a couple of hours, I still developed a little sore bump on my forehead. It's going to be bad tomorrow.

We convened at Dave's then went to the opening night of Nurit's new show 1985. She kept and featured a whole portfolio of drawings she made in 1985, 25 years ago. It was a fun show that definitely took me down memory lane with my own Duran Duran wall of posters.

After the show we went to Phil's BBQ to eat way too much. I had the BBQ combo platter. A couple of ribs, pulled pork and beef brisket with beans and fries. I'm totally feeling what can only be described as "meat sweats"...that with the ache from my head convinces me I should go directly to bed.

2 comments:

  1. What a busy few days you have had! I hope your head feels better. I winced while reading your post. The pictures are great, and took me back too! The sketches remind me of what Grace and Hoseok used to put on their walls. Remember? When a visitor comes, they can draw something and put it up and take one they like. I hope you get some rest time in between all of your outings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your bump! I hope you feel better.
    Thanks again for coming down, it meant so much to me to see the whole gang...and honoured that this was Sabrina's first art show!

    ReplyDelete