Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter Weekend























It was a very busy weekend.
Friday it was brunch at Diana's house. I made a vegetable frittata that was surprisingly good if I do say so myself and mini chocolate pavlovas (Diana's request) The contraband bacon (a tinge on the dark side :P) is just an illusion. I got to meet baby Elijah who couldn't be more adorable. That hair, those cheeks, those lips...delicious. Although I didn't take a picture of Cat and Hosie as proof of their presence, it was nice to have them actually be part of our event.
Saturday, after a morning of work, I rushed over to Uncle's at 2pm. I got to have a cold plate of what seemed like a mountain of leftovers. I had sent ahead with Cat the favourite WS Vanilla bundt cake and a batch of Hanna's Chocolate Wows (another request from Diana...I guess when a pregnant relative has a specific request, I can't deny them...) As I said, there was tons of food. The usual catered, some Korean stir fry, Sushi/Sashimi and baked ham. Sooky, Cat and I topped off the evening with some Harvey's hamburgers and a 3D showing of Clash of the Titans. Not the greatest movie storywise...but watching Sam Worthington on screen for 2 hours was worth it, Yum.
Sunday. I made WS chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting for Pippette's Easter dinner. It was a full house. 18 of us including Stinkerbum (cutie pie Sabrina). Egg decorating and playing with Sabrina and her cousin Jasmine (another cutie pie) , then a huge dinner of 2 baked hams, mashed potatoes, carrots and peas, cauliflower with hollandaise and asparagus and green beans. My cupcakes for dessert with Middle Eastern baklava that Viv and Gar brought (delicious) and some apple pies and pastries that Elaine (Steve's mom brought) It was an evening of catching up.
It was a busy but lovely weekend. I was able to do all my baking (everything turned out) and still spend some time with Cat and Sooky.

1 comment:

  1. You are one busy girl! We loved everything you made but mostly we just love you!

    ReplyDelete