Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Recovering in Maryland

Things have been very busy here in Maryland, but I have had some opportunities to relax, take naps (who remembers what that is!!!) and just recharge. On Saturday, we all went to Leesburg outlet. While walking out of the Williams-Sonoma outlet, I did something to my foot. My heel precisely. I'm not sure what happened, but I felt this shooting pain just above my heel. It became very tight and difficult to walk. That night was probably it's worst. I could barely put any pressure on it and I walked with a stick as a makeshift cane. Every day since it has gotten a little bit better. Today I can still feel a stiff soreness but I can walk on it with only a slight slower pace. (For a while, Cat was referring to me as her "handicapped" cousin. )
We have been enjoying all my favourites while I've been here. California Tortilla, Chick-fil-A. We've made some yummy food. I made last night for dinner Chicken Parmigiana with Tomato Basil Spaghetti and Salad, with my Chocolate Chunk cookies for dessert. Today we're making my Chicken Mandu, with Apple Pie for dessert… Grace said to me last night after dinner, "I love it when you come to visit, Aunt Carol!"
We've also watched a couple of movies courtesy of the local Redbox. Warrior (About two brothers involved in MMA…very good.) and Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Good…but a little fantastical)
Thank goodness, I still have a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment