Saturday, December 17, 2011

iPhone heaven



I've been wanting to change to the iPhone for ages. My old Samsung phone was working perfectly forever. That is until this week. I kept having trouble hearing when I called home. Even when I tried to call Cat a couple of days ago, I couldn't hear her but she could hear me. That was the last straw. After I finished work, I went straight to Rogers to get the new phone. After some deliberation, I got the iPhone 4S 32G. I cannot fully express the feeling I had. First fear of the unknown, since I've never used a smart phone before. Then this feeling of excitement. While I was there, I also bought my brother a blackberry. I had been scoping out what kind of phone to get him. John has not carried a cell phone for the last 10 years. To say he was overdue, is a gross understatement. Sometimes he can be gone for days and no one can get in touch with him. He mentioned his friend Joe had a Blackberry so I thought, he could BBM, use it for emergency purposes. I got him the cheapest plan that could still text and message. Rogers was having a promo where if signed up for family plan, you get a Samsung Galaxy tablet for free. The problem was it didn't make sense to sign up for more plan and money than we needed. The next night, I was showing him what his phone could do and he was playing with my iphone. His comment about the iphone was "this phone is sick!" After analysing all the plans on the Rogers site, he decided it made more sense to go for the iPhone and get the larger plan. So the next day he came to Sherway and spoke to the Rogers rep. We returned the Blackberry and he got the 4s in the 16G. We signed up for a larger family plan and he got the tablet. After years of being the anti phone guy, he goes to the other extreme, the most coveted technologically advanced phone there is. The whole day at work, I had this odd feeling...like the world had tilted on it's axis. The world as we know it is forever changed. Possibilities are now endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment