Thursday, January 20, 2011

Urbana, Maryland.


We made a variation of my mandu/dumpling recipe. Cute little bums:) and Egg roll shapes.


Pulled Pork and Green bean casserole. Can you get more American?

Yummy cornbread and I made my favourite Beef fajitas.

Oatmeal white chocolate cookies, Dark chocolate cookies and Raisin Scones
Gracie pre-perm and post-perm.


Gracie with her new look (so grown up) and Cat (pre perm) and Hosie...what a cutie pie!

Gracie and Hosie had a few days off from school. So it was the perfect time to schedule a visit. Even though the kids were off from school, it didn't mean they weren't busy. They had piano lessons for two upcoming concerto competitions, lacrosse, tennis, swimming, kumon, art classes, Mandarin classes...Wow. Even with all that driving around, we still had time to go shopping...(can we say Leesburg outlet?) and cooking and baking...lots of cooking and baking. I got to eat my favourite California Tortilla twice! 5 guys burgers...delicious.

We had time to give Gracie her first home perm and to give Cat a perm too. That woman can't live without the ajuma bounce :). We went to watch a movie, Megamind...it was very good. The kids loved it. At night, Cat and I watched 4 movies I had wanted to but was too busy to see when they came out, The Social Network, Inception, The A Team and Easy A...all were good.

A great visit...but now I think I need time to relax after my vacation.

3 comments:

  1. Reading your post, I realized how busy we really were. Amazing how we were still standing after the full days and late late nights. We are still young, except for my ajuma hair of course. Thanks for everything. It really was so much fun. The pictures of the food look amazing. The great part is that I have most of them in my freezer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm looks deeleecious, I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Carol, sounds like you need a vacation after the vacation;-) I'm jealous too...and I know Carol doesn't have any plans to visit us here -ever.

    ReplyDelete