Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Day 2011

These are the dumplings I slaved to make.:)

The rest of the yummy food my aunt prepared. Notice Diana trying to get her face in my shot.

My brother John hanging out with baby Talia

Baby Talia taking a nap. My brother just can't let go of her hand.

John playing with the girls...when I asked him how it was, he said "Boy, those girls just love Dora!"

"Big Guy" Rrrrawr!

Two peas, showing Uncle John and Uncle Gerwyn how golf is really played.
Elijah and Marley just hanging out with Aunt Sooky and Uncle G

Charlotte showing off her traditional Korean hambok. Love that Mona Lisa smile.

Charlotte and Elijah trying to mind meld.

As Hanna said, "It's not a family party until a "John Lee" is passed out."

After all my aunt's hard work, Justin works out the kinks in her back. She went from hunched to straight in a few miraculous minutes.

Mad/Cat/Mark's mom hosted our family's New Years Day. She had asked me a few weeks ago if I could make my dumplings. Quite the honour. So, a couple of nights ago, I made the 120 dumplings (preserved, uncooked in the freezer) and on NYE, before I went out for dinner, I made a Vanilla bundt cake for the festivities. She completely outdid herself with all the food. Everyone ate, lounged and ate some more. My cake was sliced before I even had a chance to take a picture. (My aunt Sandy loves that cake soooo much).

The babies were absolutely adorable. My brother, who usually doesn't come to these throughout the year also made an appearance. He was the one to play with Charlotte and Samara and their Dora, I spy game. He held all the babies. Even letting Talia hold his finger while she slept. He's such a big softy when it comes to the kids.
After dropping my family off at home, I headed to the bar to meet friends and watch UFC. I witnessed a draw, the worst broken nose I've ever seen and a couple of good submissions. Not a bad day to start off the year.

1 comment:

  1. My mom failed to mention that she was actually going to cook all the food...that halmuni...everything looks amazing. Great pictures, great fun. Can feel the love...

    ReplyDelete