Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day at the Lee house





We have never had a special Christmas dinner just the 4 of us. We are always over at extended family celebrations or out with friends. This year, since Diana was hosting Christmas and Marley's 100th day at their place on Boxing day, we had the whole of Christmas day just to relax.
After sleeping in, I woke up to start making my desserts for Diana's shindig, Maple Bread pudding and Pecan Pie. (I had already made a Pecan pie the day before for our Christmas dinner.) John (my brother) had requested Prime Rib. I've never made it before. I've never even tasted it before. It turned out fantastic! John said the flavour was like the Keg. I'll take that!

So after Prime Rib with Horseradish Sauce and Shallot pepper jus, Garlic mashed potatoes, Roasted Carrots and Carmelized Shallots and Green beans, and Pecan pie for dessert...We rested like beach whales.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. What a special evening for your family; being together and also getting this wonderful dinner from an outstanding chef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing. Can you do a repeat in the summer '-)???

    ReplyDelete