Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crazy few days and a miracle cure!

It's been a crazy few days. After a stretch of 10 days of work (there was one day off in the middle somewhere) I finally had a few days off in a row...lovely. Of course, that meant lots of errands and a haircut, UFC on Saturday night at Boston Pizza...Willie Stout's is no longer showing the fights...:-( Crazy, Stupid, love on Sunday evening. Ryan Gosling...YUM does not adequately do him justice. The movie was very good. I raced home after. Even though I had to get up very early to meet Mad, Cat, and Mark's mom to take her to her eye surgery at St Michael's Hospital downtown by 6:15am, I couldn't not watch True blood. So I washed up, curled up in bed, watched the show and went to sleep around midnight. At 4:45 I woke up, got ready and met her at 5:35am. We got a great parking space on Bond st. (The street had exactly 1 parking space available at that time.) Her surgery went very well and by noon we were on our way back home. I stayed at their place until about 4pm. Then I went home to shower, wrap my two gifts and go back downtown to meet up with "the gang" for a joint birthday dinner at Terroni's on Adelaide. (Coincidentally it's 2 blocks from St. Michael's hospital)
Dinner was fantastic, delicious. Steve was back in town for a few days. Just enough time to celebrate his birthday and Greg's birthday is in a few days, but we decided to celebrate them together. After dinner, as we were outside chatting and saying our goodbyes, I could feel myself getting bitten by a mosquito...on the face! Left cheek just under my eye. In fact I was bitten there twice! By the time I got home, I washed up and could feel the heat on my face and the whole area was puffy...UGHHHHH! I applied a little Benadryl ointment and went to bed. I could feel it swelling and went to the kitchen for something cold to lessen the swelling. All I could find were some frozen cheese/potato perogies. I popped two in a double sandwich bag with a paper towel and wedged it between my pillow and my face. I woke up at 6:03am. Yikes, I was supposed to be at my aunt's at 6:15 to go to her post op appointment across the street from St Michael's. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, put on the first thing at hand and raced out. We had to go the scenic route because of the traffic at 6:30 in the morning (brutal) but we made it there by 7:03am. A couple of minutes before the doctor arrived. Everything went very well. The surgery was very smooth and she was doing very well. We got back home and I waited until Meredith arrived. Then I went to home to take an hour nap before I had to go to work on Tuesday.
After 9 hours of sleep last night I still feel tired. I have one more day before I can really sleep in on Friday. Can't wait.
As for the two mosquito bites on my cheek, when I woke up the next day I saw nothing and felt nothing. No swelling, no firmness, no desire to itch. Wow. Today I feel a little bump on one, the kind you feel days after when it's almost gone. I'll have to remember that for next time. Benadryl ointment and frozen cheese/potato perogies. It worked like a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. That was so great of you to take Mad's mom to the hospital, you should've just stayed at my place in between so you wouldn't have to go back and forth!

    ReplyDelete