Sunday, July 3, 2011


I'm at the end of a long line...Each truck's line was about this long!

At least while we waited, there was a band playing. They were pretty good. When Nelson and I finally abandoned our line and rejoined our group, this is what we saw.




Sabrina really likes her gelato. At one point, she was eating 3 bowls.

The atmosphere at the Queen Margherita was much nicer. Cool, quiet, airy and yummy. Sabrina and me. She came over to my end of the table for a cuddle.






Uncle Nelson, hamming it up.


It was a beautiful day. Gorgeous, warm and sunny. Dave, Vivian, Gar, Nelson, Pippette, Rena and Sabrina decide to join me at the Distillery District to sample the yummy eats. We arrange to meet at 12:30pm. The crowd was crazy. The majority of our group decides to find somewhere to sit and eat (as a nearby restaurant or bar) while Nelson and I chose to wait in line to get food. The crowd is so crazy, when Nelson checks ahead to figure out which line we want to chose to get food, he finds out that by the time we get to the front, they are going to run out of food. Ugh!


I purposely did not eat breakfast because I didn't want to ruin my appetite. While Nelson and I had been waiting in line, the rest of the group had been looking to sit in shade and get something to eat. Unfortunately, everything was so full (from the overflow) that they were all sitting on a bench eating gelato. Hungry and disappointed, we decide to stay in the general vicinity and go to Queen Margherita for lunch. I was the only one who had been there before. We all had the prix fixe menu. Appetizer, pizza and mousse or gelato for $20. Not a bad deal at all. Since I had been there before, I knew which pizza I wanted to order. There were too many comparisons with Terroni's and Pizzeria Libretto. This place is somewhere in between. I like the airy atmostsphere. But they all agreed that the pizza at Libretto's was better. I can't speak for the others but my pizza was delicious. After our very late lunch, and a quick stop at Sweet Bliss for a red velvet cupcake, I did a little grocery shopping. Then I stopped at home for a little wind down then out again to Willie Stout's for UFC. The whole card was pretty good. Some amazing fights. Carlos Condit over Dong Hyun Kim, Dominick Cruz over Urijah Faber...the only disappointment was witnessing Tito Ortiz's submission over Ryan Bader. I like Ryan, and can't stand Tito...The old guy staves off forced retirement for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment